Well, That Was Unexpected

Real life is stranger than fiction...depending on which authors you read, of course.

Friday, September 03, 2010

I'm a little secret service teapot

When I was in Taiwan I used to teach English to the Taiwanese equivalent of the secret service. Highly trained professionals who could kill me at any moment. One of my best friends was the woman who led the detail for all wives of visiting world leaders. But, and this really could explain much of Taiwan, they were also some of the sweetest, cutest people ever. And they liked me to teach them songs. One of their favorites was "I'm a little teapot." I guess it has something to do with their love of tea, gestures, and anything we would consider "cute". Anyway, I'm facebook friends with the man who was the leader of the group. And he just posted a video of me performing "I'm a little teapot" at a tea plantation. It's pretty embarrassing, but knowing the audience really makes the thing worthwhile. I perform children's songs for trained killers.

In other news, I've been reading Brain Candy by Garth Sundem, and it really is a wealth of interesting information. Some of my favorite tidbits: 1. July is Mad Pride Month. Mad, as in, insane. So, find your favorite person with a mental disability and go to town next July. The possibilities here are really endless. I just wonder how one would organize a parade for this sort of thing....2. It is possible that cat lovers have actually ingested a parasite, toxoplasma gondii, that lives in cat guts, and if they have, the parasite basically makes them sexually attracted to cats. I really like this explanation because it gives a reason for the madness and I have a newfound pity for my cat loving friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger TiffanyJanelle said...

I now fully intend to celebrate "mad pride month...."

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the "I'm a little teapot" story.

I have heard about this parasite, but I had not hear that it led to sexual attraction to one's cats. Believe me, when I say my cat's are the cutest ever, I mean it in the mothering kind of way.

KW

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home