Well, That Was Unexpected

Real life is stranger than fiction...depending on which authors you read, of course.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

see you in a few weeks

I've been using a phrase recently that I really adore, it goes something like this: I'll see you in a few weeks. Yes, I love that, because I will see people in a few weeks. I am not running into town apportioning the people who have loved and supported me for years a mere few hours to sum up their lives. No, we are beginning dialogues that we will continue when I return in a few weeks. I love that.

Yesterday I tooled around town in my car for the first time since becoming insured. It felt like I had been doing it all the time, or like I had gotten amnesia for a few years and my memory started from exactly when I used to drive before. And since I paid for a new engine a few years back the daewoo is still running pretty well. I'm pretty happy about it. Charity and I were discussing yesterday the stigma that walkers have in towns and cities with driving cultures. The stigma of being total losers. Like, I felt so watched when I walked to get my breakfast burrito. And it seems like the people you find walking are generally people who can't drive whether due to finances or being delicensed for some sort of addiction. i.e. meth addicts and alcoholics. But I'm so accustomed to walking everywhere and I love walking. I guess I'm just accustomed to lots and lots of other people walking with me as they get where they need to go.

Today I paid for school. I guess that means I'm going? Doesn't feel real yet. I am so mentally unprepared to be a student. Anyway, today is class registration and job search day. weehee. without further ado.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie Hartle I will see YOU in a few weeks! *mwah*

2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

woohoo! i love that!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Naomi said...

w00t to the Julie's tuition payment.

Rock on, babe; those boots were MADE for walking.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home