Well, That Was Unexpected

Real life is stranger than fiction...depending on which authors you read, of course.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

driving to montana--in utah

We are in the midst of what must be at least our twentieth road trip from San Diego to Montana, 10 hours of driving have landed us here in Cedar City Utah on sweet I-15. Ah, middle America. trucks, tattoos, poor hygiene, exploitative pictures of females plastered on cars shirts and billboards: everything important. The hotel is right next to an IHOP and the rest of the eateries within walking distance are establishments like Dennys and Burger King: places that smell like grease burn. I have a strange love for IHOP. Part of the reaosn is because I used to go to a church called House of Praise: HOP. I called it IHOP because I couldnt abide by calling it The Hop as everyone else did. I also love IHOP because I love pancakes sooooo much. I never loved pancakes until I went to Taiwan and ate at Jake's and had the whole wheat nut and raisin nut cakes.

We are illadvisedly trying my mom's laser treatment cream that will apparently melt the hair off our legs. It has been successful and now we have to wait for 24 hours to see if we have an allergic reaction to it. We probably shouldn't be using anything that requires an allergy test, but hey, it's a road trip and i'm sure there are lots of fine doctors in Utah.

my father decided not to bring his hearing aids which has resulted either in hilarity or frustration. most recently when we read the cracker barrel menu and said "corn muffins" he asked "what is a horn button?"

loving the free wifi at the abbey inn! weehee, yeehaw america. more tales from the frontier as we pass through mormon land. bizarrely enough, we've never had good utah service experiences. apparently all the happy mormons are kept elsewhere, the pissy remnant of Others are left to tend to the disgraceful passing public who arent allowed even to glance at their special mormon underwear or second and third wives.

happy sunday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I think my dad also has a hearing problem. If you ask Campbell, he'd tell you that the hearing problem is hereditary..., he told me to turn up my hearind aid twice tonight.

=) Love you!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you totally had me in stiches with the dad's hearing comment. That reminds me of a restaurant moment with my dad.

Waiter: Would you like the soup or salad?
Dad: I'll have the super salad!
Me: No, dad. It's soup or salad!
Dad: Yes, I want the super salad. I love salad!

Aiyo! Moments to treasure :)
Breathe deeply!

Love you!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home