Well, That Was Unexpected

Real life is stranger than fiction...depending on which authors you read, of course.

Friday, March 07, 2008

WOXY love, surgery dates, etc.

Well, the big news for this week is that my surgery date is set: April 4th. Linda Way pointed out that this is tomb sweeping day in taiwan (4/4 4=DEATH double 4 =super death) but for me it will be WOMB sweeping day, the day of the year when my new OBGYN sweeps out the grapefruits attached to my ovaries and restores them to their rightful shape (well, or takes them out altogether, which is admittedly sort of scary and leaves me questioning my assumed view of reality, one of the assumptions being that if i ever wanted to have children, it would be my choice, my family being generally very fertile and whatnot. and you know what does it mean to be able to pass ones genes on and despite knowing that millions of kids need loving homes and i would love to adopt, what is that nagging anchor in worldly thought that makes me want to have my blood go on for time immemorial and what significance do i attach to that hope?)

In other lighter news, I found a fabulous new radio station to listen to through itunes or online: woxy at www.woxy.com. i love discovering music and with my commute i have been able to attest to how even the best of commercial radio repeats itself painfully. i actually had no idea that soundgarden, stone temple pilots, and nirvana were still so popular and so stale when played ad nauseum. I mean some people like music, and some people use it as a tool for self-definition, and for better or worse i think i am one of the latter. so i need new music. my great new finds for last week were:

1. Hallelujah by The Helio Sequence
2. One Day Like This by Elbow
3. Did I step on your trumpet? by Danielson
4. Stateless (that's the band name. some kind of electronica/hiphop/instrumental)
5. not due to woxy but to lisa's myspace; fleur blanche by orsten.

I am a heavy drinker. Right now for instance there are three drinks sitting on my desk, and every single one of them is caffeinated. this after watching a special by some very cheesy but well-meaning man named Dr. Amen (heh) on PBS about how you can heal and hurt your brain. and caffeine hurts your brain by restricting its blood flow. there are things like alcohol, smoking, and heroin that hurt it a lot worse. but still. turkey is good for your brain. i wonder if my turkey sandwich balances out the green tea, coffee, and diet coke on my desk. green tea is also supposed to be good for your brain. as is exercise, prayer, learning, and community groups (churches, hobby groups, etc.)basically things that are good for your body are good for your brain. i cant believe i am not eating more salmon and avocado since they are apparently superfoods and i love them dearly. he did have some interesting things to say about argumentative people, someone say to whom if you wanted them to come to the store you would actually say "i'm going to the store, but you probably don't want to come so i'm going to head out" and then they do come. for these people he said to make sure they have a carb-rich diet because carbs are mood food. if, of course you happen to be in charge of feeding such a person, that is. hopefully you can just see the error of your ways and abandon ship.

3 Comments:

Blogger Macchiatto said...

Yay for finally having a surgery date! And much intense prayer for all to go smoothly and your reproductive organs to remain intact. Yay for new music, too! And superfoods. :P to Mr. Anticaffeine. He needs to read all the OTHER research about how people who drink 1-3 cups of coffee a day have reduced risk of developing Parkinson's and Type II diabetes.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I love you. April 4th is my parents anniversary. They are celebrating 44 years this year. It's a good day. It's the beginning of something beautiful. Praying for God's healing hand on you. You are a beautiful thing :) Muah!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Jules, I love you. I will be praying for you from now to the surgery date and beyond. Please let me know how you are doing and if there is any updates.

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home