Well, That Was Unexpected

Real life is stranger than fiction...depending on which authors you read, of course.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

The pumpkin precious

I need someone to stage an intervention. I honestly believe that if my last shred of self control and health concern left me, I would eat Starbucks pumpkin scones for every meal for the rest of my life. I have been eating them for breakfast nearly every day for two weeks. I thought I would get sick of them. I have not. Much like, I suspect, crack addicts don't get sick of crack. I arrange my daily caloric intake AROUND the pumpkin scone. What's worse is that today's pumpkin scone was the best one yet. They are INCREASING in deliciousness.

so, sometimes....i scrapbook. i know, it's an identity crisis. i not only scrapbook, but i have even done so with others, as in with many others (30), some of whom were coworkers (secretly hoping that in some alternate universe there are men who are thinking of taking up scrapbooking to impress their female bosses--i.e. the golf of the future). In a room for 6 hours, with prizes. i know. i know, do you even know me anymore? do i know myself? well, i can tell you that i know a hell of a lot more about how much memorabilia crap i have laying around that needs to either be 86ed or somehow lovingly preserved. apparently they should be preserved in some acid-free way. as opposed to the many comments i heard last night on top chef on which the judges kept commenting on the need for acid in the food. apparently they werent high enough off the wine, was my conclusion.

so, i was also coerced into joining myspace and facebook, so if you would like to contact me through either of those mediums, you just let me know. I felt like i was losing part of my soul, though i do fit in better at my new kiddy smallgroup now.

where have i been? working. that is the answer to all your questions. and when not working? shamelessly indulging in watching So You Think You Can Dance before going to sleep and starting it all over again...okay that's not entirely true. i did actually start attending a new small group in which i am depressingly older than EVERYONE in the group. I'm trying to let their naive optimism rub off on me rather than letting my jaded, world-worn perspective rub off on them. They seem to be able to utter sentences and be confident that what they say is true, right, not subject to change or difference after years of life. This is something I have not been able to do for a great while.

speaking of which, wanna be depressed and ashamed of the american government (if you werent already)? Go see No End In Sight or rent it on video. It's a documentary on the iraq war and transition government setup. horrific. explain to me why i shouldn't get nauseated every time i think of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home