Well, That Was Unexpected

Real life is stranger than fiction...depending on which authors you read, of course.

Friday, February 02, 2007

saving my time!

I've talked before about the two hours of my life that I lost watching Miss Congeniality 2 and how i haven't been able to claw them back. Well, yesterday i think my officemate John-Mark (JM)may have gotten them back for me. I have been slowly applying for jobs and seeing what's out there and i got an email from this company saying they'd like to interview me. so we set up a phone interview. between the time i set up the interview and the actual interview itself JM saw the job descritpion on my computer screen and he said "oh, i interviewed with them once and it took like 2 hours and was horrible and i left feeling like my soul had been sucked out" and told me about how it is this really cutthroat place where people work 24/7 and are expected to like it. so when i got the call from the HR woman i was like "so, i heard your corporate culture is pretty intense" and she said "yes it relaly is, but if you want to advance and work harder than you ever have in your life then you'll fit in here." and she said that the group i would be in wasnt that busy, actually, and only work about 50 hours per week. hahahahha. i said "actually i'm in graduate school" and she said "oh" and i said "yeah. and she said "well, call us back if you are ever interested." so i told this to JM and he said "see, i just saved you two hours of your life." and i was like "ohhh my gosh! i think that accounts for the 2 hours i lost watching miss congeniality 2! i never thought i would get those back." it was relaly beautiful.

in other news, today at lunch i went with some of my coworkers to a place called downtown johnny brown's where we played table shuffleboard which is sort of like curling, actually, but with no one shaving ice around you. it was super fun and i lost terribly.

i had my big birthday shebang last sunday and hope to have pictures up soon so that everyone can see their beauteousness and so that you from afar can see the wonderfulness i returned home to.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

post up some pictures please! yes! And gotta email you some pictures of my own! =)

5:56 AM  
Blogger Naomi said...

We talk about you almost every day out here, especially when it's your birthday! But I'm glad you don't miss me as much as I miss you. ;)

I used to play shuffleboard at my grandparents' senior community living centre all the time. The only thing more fun than just playing is having an 85-year-old women beat you at it.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A co-worker named John-Mark? That's awesome! Does he have a son named Bilbo? :-)

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!
And yes, love, we must see the pics.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home