Well, That Was Unexpected

Real life is stranger than fiction...depending on which authors you read, of course.

Monday, May 05, 2008

colbert vs rain

So i want to share something with you that made my week. seriously. all happiness for a week because of this tv clip of stephen colbert having a dance-off with Rain (Korean hip-hop *sensation*)

that clip also produced my quote of the week: hey Rain, let me know when korea lifts the embargo on balls.

alert! More fabulousness in the form of the Chinese version of the Numa Numa song! Found on the itunes (live 365) mandarin pop station.

Today is my first day back at work. I have been working from home for the past two weeks,so it's not like i haven't been working. But today I am back on site. and guess what happened? middle of the day, things have been going great. suddenly excruciating pain. it is almost exactly one month since my surgery. and what happened 2 days after surgery...that's right. and as if to prove my ovaries are a-ok, it is happening again just like clockwork. i feel like shards of glass are ripping through my uterus. i have taken a positively overdosish amount of tylenol TWICE--not my preferred painkiller, but the only one on tap here at work--and if you know what's good for you, you won't say word one about it. because you don't feel it.

i'm online with one of my chinese coworkers who has nothing to do until he can connect with our office in an hour so we are discussing breakfast (this should show you a certain amount of my deft chineseness. he asks me how am i and i ask him "have you eaten breakfast yet?" (not the general greeting i use for most american, fyi) since "have you eaten yet?" is common code for "how's it going?". anyway i am now completely yenning for a fantuan. i wonder what it would take to fly fantuan lady here and force her to make me fatty fantuans every day!!! oh awesome, he just informed me that pure soy milk is good for women. good for women. hell yeah. lots of chinese stuff is "good for women" or men(i.e. powders made from bull penis or elephant tusk. i can hear tim allen making a grunting sound now...). i do give them props for distinguishing, though.

yesterday was cinco de mayo--a celebration of some utterly non-applicable-to-americans mexican victory over the french. an excuse for people to drink margaritas. i went to a friend's party where we had awesome carne asada and guacamole and drank said margaritas. Viva Mexico!

i'm listening to mandarin radio here at work. for those of you with access to chinese music, there was a very fun song by someone named angela chang called "wo lian ai le". i am trying to stick through the sappy crappy songs to get to decent stuff. man, i've heard this faye wong song Passenger before. it must be a classic..to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

Thank you thank you thank you for the Colbert/Rain dance-off link. It made my day.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home