Well, That Was Unexpected

Real life is stranger than fiction...depending on which authors you read, of course.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

50, 50 years old.

Happy 50th Birthday to my Mom today. The youngest and fairest of all mothers of 29 year olds ;) Lots of goods and wellwishes are in store for her, but i won't spoil it just in case she reads this before she leaves work. anyway, now she can do that molly shannon imitation with pride.

So this year's So You Think You Can Dance has started out *awesome*. the dancers are great. we wanted to vote for almost all couples, except ironically for the tango couple who nigel or mary said was the couple to beat. hmm. the couples seem to be arranged by height, which is a good thing because most good dancers are really really short and the two amazons got paired together, lucky them. but i cry if the guy gets kicked off and some 5'5" guy has to partner the 5'9" girl.

anyway, speaking of girlie things, you can go to the NBC olympics site and see all of the crucial highlights from the US National Gymnastics championships. lots of great routines. i feel bad for nastia liukin, mostly because her name is NASTIA. crazy russianamericans. but since she, the number 2, ironically has all the endorsement deals, she will cry in a pile of money. charity and karina were surprised that i keep up with gymnastics. but there are a lot of things you don't know about me. things even less scandalous than my secret love for gymnastics. ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie! It is your fault I am now addicted to "So You Think You Can Dance!"
I recorded and just got around to watching the dramatic first "real" episode last night...It was AWESOME!! I wanted to vote for the 2 dancers who danced to Jordin Sparks "No Air" but then sadly realized I was 27 hours late. I'm hooked! And I thought of Charity's comment about Nigel being a "letch" everytime he commented on the sexiness of the female dancers- A couple times I got the impression he wasn't even paying attention to the actual dancing. Thank you for introducing me to this gem!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Macchiatto said...

Oh I definitely knew about your love for gymnastics. ;) Thanks for the tip!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home