Well, That Was Unexpected

Real life is stranger than fiction...depending on which authors you read, of course.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Leezza, Leezza, Leezza. ... I love her very much

i never thought i would quote Ghadafi on my blog, but this...this is just too good. He is commenting on Condoleezza Rice who is making a historic visit to Libya: "I support my darling black African woman," he said. "I admire and am very proud of the way she leans back and gives orders to the Arab leaders ... Leezza, Leezza, Leezza. ... I love her very much. I admire her, and I'm proud of her, because she's a black woman of African origin."

Who knew Ghadafi was like the Arab Hugh Hefner? He has an all female bodyguard force. i wonder what condie thinks of him. i told my mom i think of her as such a badass that i sort of forget she is a woman, i just think of her as a world leader, so to read ghadafi being all smarmy about her is so hilariously inappropriate. My friend Beth who got her masters in arab studies from harvard and now works at the state department and to whom i therefore defer in all middle eastern matters said "there are not enough strong words in the english language to describe how insane Ghadafi is. he is a total nutjob." i said i felt the same way about mao zedong and how creepy it was to keep seeing his portrait during the olympics.

so i've totally gotten my father addicted to Project Runway. it's pretty hysterical. he will even rewatch it with me when i watch it from DVR. he always gives away the end, he'll say things like "that dude's toast" and "i cant believe that girl wins because the african chick's dress was so much better." speaking of which, i am a big korto fan, and i am upset that now that leann has won two challenges she has gone super bitch and is criticizing joe and kenley. if you're going to be drab and mousey with stringy hair you could at least be a nice person. suede should have been kicked off instead of stella, though. that outfit was so fugly i couldnt even handle it.

my heart was truly warmed last week when i found out that this little boy i loved in the orphanage back in taiwan, whom i dubbed yoda because of his crazy ears and because his name was yo-chen, was adopted with his sister by a local family in taipei. and rachel sees him in the nursery with her son. puh-recious.

this is some awesome political hypocrisy brought to you by the daily show: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home